In this edition of WBTV Family Recipes, Lileana Pearson gets serious about her Christmas cookies. It’s a family tradition after all! She joins us in the QC Kitchen with her family’s go-to recipe.
How to make the cookies
1. Beat margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add 1 cup of flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and almond extract.
3. Beat until combined.
4. Beat in the rest of the flour.
5. Roll out dough and cut into shapes.
6. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm but not brown.
How to make the icing
1. Beat butter and margarine in a bowl until fluffy.
2. Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar, beating well.
3. Slowly beat in the quarter cup milk and vanilla.
4. Slowly beat in the remaining sugar.
5. Beat in additional milk if needed to make a good consistency to spread.
6. Tint with food coloring if desired.