Chef Jill teaches us how to make a delicious breakfast for two!
Start your Valentine’s Day off on the right foot, with these delicious Strawberry Nutella French Toast Rollups. Chef Jill joined us in the kitchen to teach Dedrick how to make them. She also showed him how to make bacon roses! And that’s the moment Dedrick fell in love with Chef Jill!
Want to learn how to make this delicious breakfast for your sweetheart? Here’s the recipe!
Strawberry Nutella French Toast Rollups
Combine Egg Mixture in a bowl with a flat base large enough to lie the roll up in. Whisk to combine.
• Spread sugar out in a small dish.
• Use a rolling pin to roll the bread flat. This makes them easier to roll up (and stay rolled up).
• Spread each piece of bread with around 3/4 tbsp of Nutella or 3/4 tbsp (room temp) whipped strawberry cream cheese
• Sprinkle berries along the bottom of each piece of bread.
• Roll up bread. The Nutella or cream cheese will keep it sealed.
• Melt butter in pan over medium high heat.
• Roll each roll up in the Egg Mixture, shake off excess then place in the pan. Repeat with remaining roll ups.
• Cook for around 4 minutes until each side is golden, rotating every 1 minute or so
• Remove from pan and immediately place in the sugar. Roll to coat in sugar, then remove. Repeat with remaining roll ups.
• Serve immediately, while warm.
1. You won’t use all the sugar. But I find that you need around 1/4 cup to ensure each roll up is evenly coated. You might be able to get away with less(confectioner’s sugar doesn’t work, it just dissolves instantly when it touches the roll up.)
2. These are best eaten fresh. They tend to get soggy otherwise because the sugar “melts.”
3. This is the perfect Valentine breakfast when paired with a bouquet of bacon roses and a heart shaped sunny side-up eg