A Charlotte couple is taking their pancake mix and syrup to grocery store shelves. Marquita Carter and Deven Carter are the owners of Blanket Pancakes & Syrup. They told QC@3 their products will be in 500 Food Lion stores in October of 2021. The plan is to be in more than 1,000 stores by the spring.
The duo also took part in a Walmart Open Call event. The plan is to have their products in Walmart stores in the Charlotte area by March 2022.
Marquita and Deven stopped by the QC Life kitchen to talk about the deals and share a fun recipe with us ahead of National Pancake Day on September 26th. Check it out below.
Stuffed Pancakes with Sausage & Egg
This recipe make 4 Stuffed Pancakes
2 cups of Blanket Instant Buttermilk or Honey Butter Pancake Mix ( Follow Direction on Package)
4 fully cooked sausage patties
Pinch salt & pepper for each egg (Optional)
3 Tablespoons butter, melted (extra to put on top of cooked pancakes)
1 bottle of Blanket Flavored Syrup (Recommended)
- Place patties in a nonstick skillet. Heat skillet to medium-high and cover. Heat thoroughly for 6-10 minutes flipping halfway through. Remove and place to the side.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat over medium-low. Crack an egg in the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip the egg and gently smash the yoke. Allow to cook fully for about another 2 minutes. Remove egg place to the side. Repeat until all eggs are cooked.
- Once all eggs are cooked, stack eggs and trim the edges with a knife to fit within your pancake.
- Prepare Blanket’s Buttermilk or Honey Butter Pancake Batter. (Follow directions on packaging)
- Heat griddle or skillet to med- low. Line the surface with butter.
- Pour some of the pancake batter onto the griddle, allow to cook until you see a small number of bubbles then place the cooked egg and sausage patty in the center.
- Pour 2-3 spoons of pancake batter directly on the egg and sausage patty. Make sure to cover the egg and sausage patty.
- When several bubbles form on pancake batter, flip it over and cook the other side. Gently press the sides of the pancake and make sure the ingredients remain centered when cooking. If the batter is thick, allow the pancake to cook thoroughly for a few more minutes.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all pancakes are complete.
- Serve with butter and any of your favorite Blanket flavored syrups.
You can learn more about Blanket Pancakes and Syrup by visiting their website.