In just a few steps, you'll have cookie dough you can safely eat
Pastry Chef Maria Kemp of Beyond Decadence joined QC@3 via Zoom to share her delicious Edible Cookie Dough recipe. Chef Maria’s recipe includes the following ingredients:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour, heat treated to kill bacteria*
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 Tbsp milk, then more as needed
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
• 1 – 3 T sprinkles or rainbow jimmies, as desired
1. Using an electric hand mixer whip together butter, brown sugar, sugar,
and salt until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
3. Add flour and mix just to combined. Slowly add milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time
to thin as needed.
4. Fold in the white and chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Add
sprinkles and jimmies, as desired.
5. Store cookie dough in refrigerator to harden or rest at room
temperature, if desired.
*To heat treat flour: Measure 1 cup all-purpose flour into a microwave safe
bowl. Heat on 100% power for 15-20 seconds. Flour temperature should
registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Let cool until read to
use in this recipe.
Chef Maria Kemp is a professional French-trained pastry chef who began her culinary journey at the French Pastry School in Chicago. She moved to Huntersville three years ago and opened Beyond Decadence as a pop up bakery. During the pandemic, Chef Maria will be offering baking lessons online at www.beyonddecadence.com.