October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you haven’t had it yourself, chances are you know someone who has. Take a look at the numbers from the American Cancer Society:
- Approximately 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in their lifetime.
- That’s nearly 13 percent of women.
- The American Cancer Society says 1 in 39 women will die from it.
In 2020 alone:
- There are expected to be more than 276 thousand new cases diagnosed.
- About 30 percent of newly diagnosed cancers in women this year will be breast cancer.
- These numbers show just how important it is to get routine mammograms.
- For many women, that’s easier said than done.
Magbis Nunez Love is a Health/Outreach Coordinator with Levine Cancer Institute. She joined us on QC Morning to talk about the importance of early detection.
You might also like: Project Pink Bus at WBTV Today