Chicken Karaage. Sriracha Aiola. sticky rice
· 1 lb chicken thigh, cubed
· 1 tablespoon sake
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· ½ egg, beaten
· ⅓ cup potato starch
· cooking oil, for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sake, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Mix well. Cover with plastic and marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
2. Add the egg and potato starch to the chicken. Mix well.
3. Heat the oil to 340˚F (170˚C). Fry the chicken until golden brown and fully cooked, 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from oil and reserve on a paper towel. Season with Salt