March Madness is just around the corner and when it comes to basketball in North Carolina, Matt Doherty is a familiar name. He played on the University of North Carolina 1982 National Championship team, with Michael Jordan…and Roy Williams was the assistant coach. In 2000 he came back to UNC to be the head coach of his alma mater. 3 short years later, he was forced to resign.
Now, 18 years later Coach Doherty has written a book about that painful experience. It’s called Rebound: From Pain to Passion. He sat down with our Brian Stephenson to talk about how the lessons he learned can help others.
Other things to note:
- Matt Doherty currently runs the Doherty Coaching Practice.
- He does executive coaching and corporate talks.
- He’s also doing some work on local radio and the ACC Network.
- We asked if he would ever coach again….He said never say never.
- Rebound: From Pain to Passion is being released tomorrow
You might also like: