This article has 249 words with a read time of approximately 1 minute and 10 seconds.
2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
What happens when you combine ice cream and self-rising flour? Ice Cream Bread!
Ben & Jerry’s says after you use their ice cream to make the bread, you can eat it with even more ice cream! They have provided a step-by-step on how to put it together, and it turns out you only need two ingredients (well, three if you’re a sprinkles fan!) QC Morning tried it out, so take a look at how it turned out!
- 2 pints of melted Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Sprinkles – optional
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray 9”x5” loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside
- Divide flour evenly into two bowls
- Add 1 pint of melted ice cream to one bowl, the other pint to the other bowl
- Add sprinkles if you want
- Mix until it comes together, but don’t over mix
- Using ice cream scoop or ladle, pour batter into greased loaf pan in an alternating checkerboard pattern
- Use a wooden skewer or chopstick to swirl the pattern
- Bake for 50-60 minutes – to avoid overly browning the load, tent aluminum foil over the top of the pan for the first 30-40 minutes
- Allow cooling before slicing
*If you only have AP flour, add 1.5 tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp salt per cup of flour
*Let ice cream melt at room temperature. Microwaving changes the molecular structure of the ice cream and will affect the texture of the bread