- 1 skin-on turkey breast, 3-5 #
- 1/2 # Butter, melted
- Mix of herbs: rosemary, thyme, oregano, savory, parsley
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place turkey breast on a bed of carrots, onions, and celery. Pour melted butter overall. Season with salt and pepper, and herbs.
Bake in 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350. Cook about 20-30 minutes per pound, basting often, every 15-20 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Roasted and Herb-Basted Free Range Turkey
- 1 10-12 pound free range turkey
- ½ lb Unsalted butter
- ½ C Mixed herbs, parsley, thyme, rosemary,
- Basil, oregano, sage
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 450-500. Prepare turkey by removing giblets, reserve, washing, drying, and seasoning. Melt the butter. Season and herb the bird. Pour over the butter and place in a hot oven for 15-25 minutes. Reduce heat and bake, basting every 10-15 minutes. Cook until done: Until juices run clear from thigh.
Allow 13-15 minutes/pound for -7 pound Bird.
Allow 15-20 minutes/pound for 7-15 pound bird.
Allow to cool and carve.
You might also like: