Chef Chris Coleman of The Goodyear House is a busy man! While he and his team put the final touches on their new restaurant, Old Town Kitchen & Cocktails, he’s also getting ready for a popup event at Crave Charlotte! He joined us in the kitchen this morning to share the recipe for Old Town’s signature burger.
Sorghum Mustard BBQ
Yield: 1.5 pints
- 1/2 c yellow mustard
- 1/4 c Lusty Monk Mustard, or spicy mustard
- 1/4 c Mayo, preferably Duke’s
- 1/4 c sorghum syrup (available at natural food stores)
- 1.5 T sugar
- 1 T Ketchup
- 1 t bbq spice
- 1 t salt
- 2 t Texas Pete
1. Combine all ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine. Cover, label, and store appropriately.
2. Twin 3oz patties are smashed on a flat top to create a crispy exterior. They are layered with our whipped pimento cheese and crispy onion strings, and then garnished with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, and sorghum mustard bbq, and served on a toasted Martin’s potato roll.