Experience a unique dining event with the Underground Kitchen.
Ever heard of an “Underground Kitchen”? Today on QC@3, we sat down with the founder of Underground Kitchen, Micheal Sparks and Alexys J. Taylor from The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture to talk about this unique experience. UGK was co-founded in 2013 by design and branding expert Michael Sparks as a community pop up dinner series. Since then it has expanded to nearly 30 cities across the Southeast. You can expect there to be a unique location, theme and menu. These details are kept secrets until 48 hours before the event. Micheal says the details are kept secret to heighten the aura of suspense. This year, the UGK chose The Harvey B. Gantt Center as the location. We talked with Alexys about why the Center said yes to hosting this event.
Know Before You Go:
- The UGK will be tonight, January 10th
- Located at The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture
- Featured Chef will be Natascha “Taz” Bowles of EAT Restaurant Partners of Richmond, VA.
- The theme is Cast Iron & Comfort.
- If you missed your chance to attend tonight’s event, you can catch them again on February 27th in Raleigh, and again on April 2nd in Raleigh.