The Schiele Museum is helping parents with back to school plans.
Many students in our area will start back in just a few weeks, August 17th. That includes Gaston County students.
Here’s a look at Gaston County’s plan for the new year:
- students will be split into two groups.
- All students will be remote learning on Wednesdays.
- Group A will be in school Mondays and Tuesdays, then remote the rest of the week.
- Group B will start the week remote, then will be in school Thursdays and Fridays.
- Parents do have the option for remote learning all week through the Gaston Virtual Academy.
For a lot of families, the big question is what to do about keeping the kids at home when the parents still need to go to work. The Schiele Museum is helping solve that problem. Candice Jordan is an education specialist and the planetarium administrator at the Schiele Museum. She joined us on QC Morning to talk about what study hall looks like at the museum.
You might also like: Reaction To North Carolina’s School Plan