Jonathan highlights some fun spots to take a mini vacation this summer.
Since COVID began, we’ve all been cautious about traveling to different places. It certainly has put a damper on summer vacations, but if you’re looking to squeeze in a short trip before school starts, Johnathan has you covered. Over the next several weeks, he’ll be showing you places to check out that are three hours or less from Charlotte. Today, we take a look at Lake Lure. This town is in Rutherford County, North Carolina, a one hour and forty minute drive from Charlotte.
Where to Stay
- 4 Paws Kingdom Campground & Dog Retreat – Pet Friendly
- Mountain Inn & Suites – Economy
- The Esmeralda Inn – 4 Star
What to Do
- Hike Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
- Enjoy the Water at Lake Lure Beach
- Eat at Shake Shop
Best Time to Go: A Weekend in August
- Attractions including Lake Lure Beach plans to have more open dates
- Most attractions are open on weekends
- Climate: Highs in the upper 80s, low rain chances