The Foodie School in Fort Mill is offering some special classes for Valentine’s Day. You can learn to make things like Sizzling Seared Steak, Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes and Crab and Artichoke Pillowy Puffs. YUM! Sign us up! Chef Mara Norris is the Owner and Head Chef Instructor over at The Foodie School. She joined us on QC@3 with a sneak peek of the Crab and Artichoke Pillowy Puff recipe.
Crab and Artichoke Pillowy Puffs
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ghee
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Sherry
- 1/2 Cup Mahon Cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 8 oz. Mascarpone, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Tarragon, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
- 6 oz. Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. Crab Meat
- 1/4 Parmesan Cheese, grated (for topping)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, fresh, minced
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon (and 1 Tbsp. Juice if needed)
- Salt and Fresh Pepper, to taste
- 1 Package Puff Pastry, thawed and cut into 1-inch squares
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauté pan, sweat shallot in ghee over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add sherry and turn heat up to high. Cook until sherry has reduced to a syrupy consistency. Place in the bowl of a mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add Mahon, mascarpone, herbs, zest, and mustard. Mix until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in artichokes and crab.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Press squares of puff pastry into mini muffin tin. Place about a tablespoon of artichoke mixture into each cup. Place in the oven until puff pastry has risen and is slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
Sign up for a class or find more information about The Foodie School: https://www.thefoodieschool.com/
You might also like: