Two easy breakfast items the kids will love to eat!
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day….but are you struggling to find nutritious and delicious options while the kids are at home. We stopped by Chef Jill Aker-Ray kitchen where she showed us how to make two tasty breakfast options! And here’s the best part, she sent us the recipes!
Basic Egg Casserole
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 30 minutes
- SERVINGS 6
• 9 large eggs
• 1/2 cup milk or cream
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/3 cup sweet onion (finely diced)
• 1 cup diced ham , sausage or veggie crumbles or crumbled bacon
• 1/2 cup green, red or yellow bell pepper ( or any vegetable)-diced
• 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• salt & black pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Cook onion and peppers in butter over medium heat until softened. Cool.
• Whisk eggs and cream. Stir in remaining ingredients.
• Pour into a greased 9×9 casserole dish.
• Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Serves: 4
1 cup steel-cut oats
2 tsp. cinnamon
2-3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
½ cup chopped dates, raisins or dried cranberries
4 cups water (or apple juice for extra flavor)
1. In a slow cooker, mix all the ingredients together.
2. Set it on low heat, and cook overnight for 6 to 8 hours.
3. In the morning, spoon into bowls, and serve with a light sprinkling of cinnamon, plus milk or cream, if desired.
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6 -8 hours-steel cut slow cook oats
Total time: 1-2 hours-steel cut quick cook oats