CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QC Life) - We got crafty on Thursday by making kinetic sand in honor of National Kinetic Sand Day.
What is kinetic sand you ask? It’s soft and crumbly sand that holds its shape when you squeeze it or press it.
Plus, it only sticks to itself, so it makes for easy cleanup!
Watch the video to see how ours turned out.
To make your own, you’ll need:
- Sand. It can be craft sand, sand from the hardware store, beach sand, whatever
- Oil. It can be any kind of cooking oil or baby oil
- Mix 5 parts sand and 3 parts cornstarch
- Once it’s all mixed, add in 1 part oil
- Mix until it’s well combined
- If the mixture isn’t sticking together, slowly add a little more oil at the time. If it’s too wet, add more cornstarch
You may also like: $30,000 isn’t enough for a “normal” wedding in Charlotte
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.