CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QC Life) - WBTV education reporter Courtney Cole, known for her home-cooked meals, is showing us how to make the perfect macaroni and cheese.
Courtney, who also started a Twitter series of her home-cooked meals called “I got food at the house”, is sharing the ingredients and instructions for the recipe.
- Elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1 stick of Butter
- One large egg
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup Colby jack cheese
- Garlic powder
- Ground mustard:
- 1. Boil one pound of noodles until tender. Drain and set aside
- 2. Shred 1/2 cup of each cheese set aside. Agree the additional 1/4 cup of each and set aside in a different bowl. You can also buy pre-shredded cheese.
- 3. Melt butter
- 4. Best egg and set aside
- 5. Stir butter into noodles. Season liberally with pepper and garlic powder. Add salt to taste. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard and continue to stir.
- 6. Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 cup milk 1 cup evaporated milk.
- 7. Stir in the egg, and add cheese throughout.
- 8. Top with remaining cheese and season with paprika.
- 9. Bake on 350 for 1 hour until golden brown
Copyright 2021 WBTV. All rights reserved.