CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QC Life) - It’s a classic dish, and Lowell Rose has his own spin on it.
Here’s the recipe for Lowell’s sweet potato pie.
- Vanilla extract: Spoon full
- Deep dish pie crust
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- Small can of carnation milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft, you should be able to stick a fork through it.
- Peel potatoes, then add butter while it’s still hot.
- Mix other ingredients in a different bowl, then combine everything.
- Pre-bake the crust at 350 degrees for about eight to 10 minutes, then pour filling into the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees or 365 degrees depending on your oven for an hour. It could take longer depending on the filling cooking.
- Look for pie filling to rise and turn brown for it to be done. Make sure the center of the pie rises too and is not soft.
Copyright 2021 WBTV. All rights reserved.