CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QC Life) - “WBTV Family Recipes” is back! Today, Meteorologist Bekah Birdsall whips up a tasty treat that her great-grandmother, Betty, used to make when Bekah was a kid.
It’s a cherry Jell-O salad and it was one of Bekah’s favorites! Here’s how you can make it at home.
- 1 can of cherries
- 1 large package of cherry JELL-O (6oz)
- ¼ pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Drain juice from the cherry can. Set cherries aside
- Add juice and three cups of water to a pot and boil
- Stir the mixture over the package of JELL-O in a large bowl and let it sit
- Cut small holes in the cherries and stuff them with cream cheese
- Place stuffed cherries in a shallow dish. Pour the Jell-O mixture over the cherries
- Add pecans or desired toppings to the top and let it sit
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.